Re: Approving Majordomo posts

At 10:28 AM 12/9/99 -0500, Fraser Campbell wrote:
>However, when writing HTML emails, the "Approved: password" will no longer
>be the first line of the message since various HTML codes and/or MIME-type
>messages will appear before the actual text.  This is the problem I am

HTML mail I have seen puts a plain-text version of the email ahead of the
HTML version.  For "backward" (or ass backwards) compatibility.  Like:
------------------------------------
Header: blah
Header2: blah blah

This is my message

<HTML>
</HTML>
------------------------------------
HTML enabled mailers ignore the plain text and display the HTML. If your
people use one of those mailers and have the Approved line as the first
line, it will also be the first line of the message plaintext.

--