Wireless (was Re: 2 computers away 1 Km and one PL)

>What is radio Ethernet over unrestricted frequencies? Can you give a URLs
>for more info? Who manufacture this kind of radio equipment?
>Isn't any kind of radio equipment over distances longer then 1-2 meters
>requires a license?

Depends on the country.

The ISP I am tech manager of has a regional network of wireless links to
circumvent the ridiculous prices charges by the local telco. Most of the
schools in the region are wired in, and we allow them to transfer data
between schools at zero cost.

Most of the time we use Proxim gear http://www.proxim.com but since the NZ
distributor puts a high mark-up on the equipment, we end up getting it
couriered from one of the numerous U.S. mail order outfits.

I usually go to http://www.shopper.com/prdct/088/322.html to find the best
price at the time.

Mostly we use the 7921 wireless bridge with 7521's in appropriate
locations. We are looking at upgrading some parts of the network to the
higher speed products as our traffic is increasing.

Those of you being hobbled by telco's should be looking seriously at
wireless. It's like finding $1,000 you thought you'd lost.

Andrew P. Gardner
Support the Cyberspace Association, the constituency of Individual Domain
Name Owners http://www.idno.org