Re: 2 computers away 1 Km and one PL

On Friday 26 November 1999, at 11 h 39, the keyboard of Paulo Henrique
Baptista de Oliveira <baptista@linuxsolutions.com.br> wrote:

> 	Yes, I finished reading this in PPP-HOWTO. :). So, I will set that
> each computer can dial for the other.

If this is a leased line, they don't have to dial.

> 	compile PPP and ISDN support in the two machines kernel.
> 	And what about the hardware?
> 	How to connect the two computers and the line between them. Do I need a
> modem

If it's ISDN, no, you don't need a modem since the D in ISDN means digital.

> 	computer1 <-> modem <-> phone line <-> modem <-> computer2
> 	Or only NICs?
> 	computer1 <-> ethernet card <-> phone line <-> ethernet card <-> computer2

? Ethernet and ISDN have nothing in common. If it's really ISDN, you'll need a TA (terminal adapter, like the Teles card) on each end and may be more, depending on the ISDN service in your country. Ask the telco.