Re: Instruction to evaluate the load on a PC

>What instruction do is use to find out the current load on a machine.

uptime - shows the average numbers of processes ready to run on a machine
over the last 1, 5, and 15 minutes.

top - shows the processes using the most system load

ifconfig - shows information on network packets, apparently mrtg is good for
analysing this data - but I've never used it.

/proc/stat - has information on disk IO.  Does anyone know of a good program
to analyse this?  I plan to write a program to analyse this information if I
can't find one.  So if you're after such a program tell me what you want and
I'll use your requests as an idea list.  If I write such a program it will
solve my needs entirely and should be useful for anyone else doing the type
of ISP admin work I like to do - but no guarantees.  ;)

--
Electronic information tampers with your soul.