Re: choosing database server for websites

"Jeremy C. Reed" wrote:

> I am trying to make a choice between postgresql and mysql for running on
> my webserver for database interactive websites.

I don't know much about postgesql, but I'm a big fan of MySQL. Been
running it on my auction site for over a year and it's speedy and
compact. It integrates well with perl and apache, and also with python
and Zope, which I'm in the process of converting to. If you take part in
the mailing list, you often get answers (and fixes) directly from the
author, who is friendly and helpful.
   Check out the web site at http://www.tcx.se/ for more info and
comparisions. The author recently release an older version under the
GPL, which I believe Debian has already packaged under unstable. I don't
have a problem with the original license, though, so I continue to use
the most recent Debian-packaged version.

-->ben