Re: LSB and Debian, Commercial perspective

Hello,

> > > Well, I think you'd be in the minority of you don't
> > > care if vendors officially support Debian.

Yes, I remember when they did not support Linux.

I think the point of Debian is - to be better
at something it has to be different.

Also Debian is GPL centric, it is intended to be
a complete system based on GPL software.

I do not see hardware vendors recognizing Debian
just because it will run some standard binary.
If it becomes compatible enough it will stop
being different.

Is there some real reason not to use RedHat
for some projects?

Regards
ragnar@this.is