Re: how to prefer temporary address? (raspbian / stretch)

Il 17/08/19 20:18, Chris Bell ha scritto:

I have internet plus three private local networks, and each of the three three
local networks has an assigned public address plus its own private local
address for both IPv4 and (fd00::) IPv6, see RFC4193 / Unique Local IPv6
Unicast Addresses.

Can you explain the advantages of having a fd00-range address? Mine is a fairly simple home network and in case of trouble the devices are all locally accessible.

For each box, I edit
/etc/gai.conf for address preferences order

Interesting: I thought the IPV6 preference compared to IPV4 was strictly mandated and not subject to local configuration, nice to know.

/etc/dhcpcd.conf for my choice of
slaac private=0
and my fallback profile

For the moment, I solved it via sysctl but I'm curious: can you actually set a static address that will only kick in if dhcp fails?

Regards,
Andrea.