What if the Internet would be IPv6-only tomorrow

Hi list,

I'm currently doing a self-experiment trying to survive in a IPv6-only
world (therefore one of my previous posts here).

I'm posting here because I'm looking for suggestions for a appropriate
place to postulate the findings *but* for the the right community.

I'm following the topic and discussions since several years and try to
contribute to improve where I can. However, I'm a networker's person,
hence reading sources from networkers for networkers and being quite
sensitive to this matter due to my professional nature.

>From that, I've had the feeling, that the understanding of the need to
change has meanwhile quite well settled down.

However the result of my experiment showed me that one important
fraction of the whole story hasn't been hooked up to the story well enough.

What scared me that early in the experiment, is that nearly nothing yet
works because the server-side lacks often IPv6 support or doesn't have
it activated it via DNS.

What works is
1. Debian aptitude sources (security.debian.org and deb.debian.org)
2. The whole Google Suite incl YouTube.
3. The German Debianforum.de.
4. Facebook.
5. LinkedIn.
6. FreeNode IRC.

For a "normal" person like me, the list ends here unfortunately.

1. GitHub doesn't work at all.
2. The Register (who write bashing articles about GitHub's non-IPv6

      reachability) isn't reachable at all via IPv6
3. DuckDuckGo doesn't work - so no privacy for IPv6-only users :-(
4. Cisco main website works - login process fails since no IPv6
5. HP no IPv6
6. Brocade no IPv6
7. Most DNS register services have no IPv6 (also their DNS tools are
      lacking IPv6 capabilities e.g. to automatically create glue
      records)
8. eBay no IPv6
9. Twitter no IPv6
10. Xing no IPv6
11. No Online-banking (in Germany) since no IPv6
12. PayPal no IPv6

So in essence, and in that early stage of the experiment I conclude that
I wouldn't be able to get far in a IPv6-only tomorrow.

Part of the misery is the utilization of Akamai for some of the bad-list
members.

In the end, Akamai and quite some prominent and "all" life-necessary
applications are not accessible because the IPv4/IPv6 issue hasn't
reached the application/server administrators attention.

Meanwhile, all Internet Service providers implicitely provide even the
cheapest customer a IPv6 connectivity, but applications folks seem to be
blind on the IPv6-eye.

Therefore I'm calling out here to get suggestions what would be good
places to place a wake-up call for the website-, sever- and applications
operators so that they get the understanding the networking community
got to forward to their management levels to make them aware.

Sorry for the lengthly post.

           - Alex

P.S.
Results of the tests taken in the range of 27.09.2018 thru 01.10.2018.