Re: Debugging SLAAC

Am 12.11.2017 um 15:38 schrieb Pascal-liste:
> Hello,

Hi

> Did you see Router Solicitation packets sent by the interface after the
> link was activated ?
> Did the host set at least prefixes/routes from the RAs ?

I also thought about it. No router solicitations seen, going out from my
host on which i ran Wireshark. So seem really pointing to a local issue
on my Debian machine. The only IPv6 prefix on the interface was the
link-local.

> What manages the interface ? Is SLAAC enabled for the interface in
> /proc/sys/net/ipv6/conf/ ?
> Are NDP ICMPv6 packets allowed by the firewall rules ?

The interface is configured in /etc/network/interfaces.d/, so
NetworkManager is out of the game. At the time the issue was present, I
missed to check /proc, however nothing changed and AFAICS everything
necessary is enabled. There is also no filtering between the host and
the router.

> Did you see the message saying that no IPv6 routers were found ?

Nothing like that. That's actuall I hoped to see.

So essentialy that's what I'm looking for. Maybe a /proc or /sys entry
to be modified to increase the kernel logging for the SLAAC process. Or
maybe a kernel parameter set at boot.....

Thanks
- Alex