Re: Losing IPv6 connectivity after 20min, why?

Hi Olaf,

Depending on whether you need the link-local on the other interface
(e.g. eth1), you could try a couple of things:
* remove that address from the interface (which also removes the
fe80::/64 route on that interface)
* remove the fe80::/64 route on eth1 (although the OS might add it
again at some point)

Either of those could mean that stuff like neighbour discovery
probably fails, but I guess you have to check that in your specific
situation.

Could you post the (relevant) output of `ip -6 route` and `ip -6 addr`
during the 20 minutes of 'working' IPv6 (i.e. with 2 fe80::/64 routes
and whether there are temporary addresses assigned to eth0 and eth1)?

Could you also check whether privacy extensions are enabled on eth0
and eth1 (/proc/sys/net/ipv6/conf/*/use_tempaddr)? I have a hunch that
this might explain the 20 minutes lifetime.

~ Gerdriaan