Supplying hostnames by DHCPv6 for DDNS

Hello!

I am wondering about the current status of supplying hostnames to put
into DNS via DHCPv6 in Debian unstable. Is this supposed to work?

I've got ISC DHCPd configured and hooked up to BIND. This works
flawlessly for IPv4. It also works flawlessly for Windows DHCPv6
clients. But for the life of me, I don't get it to work with
my Debian DHCPv6 clients, neither with ifupdown nor with NetworkManager.

Is this supposed to work at all? Or ist this a misconfiguration of
mine? If I use NetworkManager, isn't this supposed to work out of
the box?

TIA
/ralph -- will gladly supply configuration files, logs etc. if this
          is *supposed* to work.