IPv6 linklocal address on bridged interfaces

Hi all,
I'm currently scratching my head with this doubt/curiosity: why do
Linux bridged interfaces have an ipv6 linklocal address? is it fine?

In particular, I'm currently experiencing troubles in such a scenario
with two virtual machines bridged to a virtual switch.

 [VM-A] ---- br0 ---- (virtual switch) --- br1 --- [VM-B]

I can see that after upping brX, the interface gets a ipv6 linklocal
address.

When pinging "ip6-allnodes" from one virtual machines, I get back four
answers:
 * 2 from the virtual machines (perfectly fine)
 * 2 from the br0-br1 linklocal address

As I was looking for transparent bridging between the VMs, the last two
replies came a bit unexpected.

Most probably there's something that I'm missing, can someone please
shed light on this behavior?

Cheers, Luca

--
 .''`.  ** Debian GNU/Linux **  | Luca Bruno (kaeso)
: :'  :   The Universal O.S.    | lucab (AT) debian.org