Re: Re: IPv6 over ppp autoconfiguration not working in squeeze

> IP6CP (the IPv6 network control protocol in PPP) does not negtioate
> addresses or prefixes.  That is left for SLAAC or DHCPv6.

But I thought that SLAAC was a pretty basic part of IPv6, and that that was
the part that should "just work". I shouldn't need to run any special
software, or client daemon for it (unlike DHCPv6) should I?

Seriously, this all seems like pretty fundamental functionality. What is the
point in making all the apps in squeeze IPv6 compliant if it's so hard to get
an actual IPv6 connection up and running?

Frustrated and confused,

Adam