Re: IPv6 over ppp autoconfiguration not working in squeeze

On Tuesday 17 May 2011 11:01:11 Sander wrote:
> Adam Spragg wrote (ao):
> > I've been trying to get IPv6 working on and off for a while now, and I
> > just can't get it working.
> >
> > I've added the following lines to my /etc/ppp/options:
> >     +ipv6
>
> Should that not be "ipv6 ," (including the comma) as per
> http://linux.die.net/man/8/pppd ?

According to my pppd man page, which is slightly different, there are the
following options:

    +ipv6  Enable the IPv6CP and IPv6 protocols.

    ipv6 <local_interface_identifier>,<remote_interface_identifier>
           Set  the  local  and/or  remote  64-bit  interface  identifier.

The "+ipv6" line is also mentioned on the DebianIPv6 wiki page, which is where
I first learned of it.

As for the "ipv6 <>,<>" line, I've tried all of:

    ipv6 2001:4d48:ad51:300::1
    ipv6 2001:4d48:ad51:300::1,
    ipv6 ,

The first two get me the error "/usr/sbin/pppd: Illegal interface identifier
(local): 2001:4d48:ad51:300::1", while the last appears to do nothing.

This is supposed to "just work", right? :-/

Adam