Re: interface not getting address when net.ipv6.conf.all.forwarding is 1
Folkert van Heusden a écrit :
> - all systems but one get an ipv6 address sent by radvd on the server
> - the problem system ('thegate') ONLY gets an address if
> net.ipv6.conf.all.forwarding is set to 0, as soon as it is set to 1
> (and the vpn is restarted of course), then the interface does not get
> an address
This is expected behaviour. A router does not get its configuration from
router advertisements, so stateless autoconfiguration is disabled when
forwarding is enabled.
See Documentation/networking/ip-sysctl.txt in the kernel source|doc. :
forwarding - BOOLEAN
Configure interface-specific Host/Router behaviour.
Note: It is recommended to have the same setting on all
interfaces; mixed router/host scenarios are rather uncommon.
By default, Host behaviour is assumed. This means:
1. IsRouter flag is not set in Neighbour Advertisements.
2. Router Solicitations are being sent when necessary.
3. If accept_ra is TRUE (default), accept Router
Advertisements (and do autoconfiguration).
4. If accept_redirects is TRUE (default), accept Redirects.
If local forwarding is enabled, Router behaviour is assumed.
This means exactly the reverse from the above:
1. IsRouter flag is set in Neighbour Advertisements.
2. Router Solicitations are not sent.
3. Router Advertisements are ignored.
4. Redirects are ignored.
Default: FALSE if global forwarding is disabled (default),