Re: Mobile IPv6 in Debian

Jason White wrote:
When I connect my laptop to a remote network and obtain an IPv6 address via a
tunnel broker, I would prefer it to be able to use the same IPv6 address as it
has at home.

The correct solution to this is mobile IPv6. The only information I could find
on the Web is somewhat dated.

Are the necessary tools and kernel support available in Debian? I'm running
Sid. If not, I suppose the other option would be a VPN configuration to my
machine at home.

Hi Jason,

I'm not so much familiar with IPv6 mobility in Debian but I think you can try recompiling your kernel for such support. Try to look if there's an option there with mobile IPv6. If not, I think you can try the USAGI mobile IPv6 patch http://umip.linux-ipv6.org/index.php?n=Main.HomePage.

Regards,
Archimedes

--------
This email and any attachments are CONFIDENTIAL and may also be
legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please
immediately delete this message and any attachments, then notify
security@infoweapons.com of such recipient error. Any forwarding,
dissemination, distribution, re-posting or copying of this email
and attachments is strictly prohibited. Thank you.