Re: is source address binding more valuable for IPv6?

I'm less familiar with Teredo, but there is a 6to4 scenario where an
IPv4-based 6to4 host wants to access a native IPv6 host. In this
scenario, the two hosts must communicate via a 6to4 "relay" that handles
encapsulation/unencapsulation between 6to4 encapsulated IPv6 and native
IPv6. Dependent upon on how "close" routing-wise the 6to4 relay is both
hosts, it is possible for the routes taken between the two hosts to be
very inoptimal and asymmetric.

If both end-points are IPv4 hosts with 6to4 encapsulated IPv6, then yes,
the route taken can be as optimal as the IPv4 route.

Bill Cerveny