Re: 6to4 tunnel trouble

Brian McCullough wrote:
> Martin ( and group ),
>
> I may have quoted more than necessary, but I wanted to get the correct
> context.
>
> I have been interested in IPv6 for several years, but always seemed to
> run into issues.
>
> You recommended SixXS or HE.  I have ( a while ago ) been in touch with
> HE ( and had an account with xs26, but they seem to have disappeared ).
>
> However, to use that service ( the HE tunnel ), do I need to have an
> IPv6-compatible ISP, or can I get there through an IPv4 tunnel?

No. To use he.net you don't need an IPv6 capable ISP. You need however
access to a fixed public IP. I guess you could even do it on a dynamic
public IP, but you'd have to log in and change your tunnel end-point
every time your IP changes.

SixXS on the other side will offer you tunnels for dynamic ip's and even
NAT-piercing AYIYA tunnels.

Kind regards,
Martin List-Petersen

--
Communication is the beginning of understanding
   -- AT&T