Re: Neighbour discovery problem

On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 01:08:55AM +0200, Hagen Paul Pfeifer wrote:
> * Floris Bruynooghe | 2008-05-20 23:13:28 [+0100]:
>
> >The eth0 interface I wanted to configure to 2002:5044:52b7:1::1/64,
> >but that didn't work out.  Although "ip -6 maddr show" would show it
> >as listening on ff02::1:ff0:1 it ignored neighbour solicitation
> >messages.  When initiating communication from the router to the other
> >host it would work fine, and while the router was in the neighbour
> >cache everything would work.  But having a regular ping from the
> >router seems a little odd... ;-)
> >
> >Once I changed the eth0 address to use the autogenerated host ID
> >(2002:5044:52b7:1:230:18ff:fea3:18c4/64) it would respond to neighbour
> >solicitation on the corresponding multicast address
> >(ff02::1:ffa3:18c4).
> >
> >Is there any reason that ::1 should not work?  Or is there something
> >else wrong?
>
> It is already late here and my perceptive faculty could be limited
> but I didn't spot any problems. Did you double check the setup
> (e.g. routes) and did you test connectivity it with e.g. teredo (for
> testing purpose)?

Yes, I double checked the routes.  I checked the neighbour discovery
with wireshark, it just didn't respond.  Once the router was in the
host's neighbour cache (showed up in "ip -6 neigh show because of a
ping or something else from the router to the host) communication did
work fine.

I'm not sure how teredo would help with this, it is purely a local
problem.  My 6to4 seems to work fine.

> >Unrelated to this.  Is www.kame.net down on IPv6?  I only seem to be
> >able to reach it on IPv4, but communication with ipv6.google.com works
> >flawlessly.
>
> No - the turtle is still (Tue May 20 23:02:14 UTC 2008) dancing... ;)

Hmm, still no luck.  Maybe I should look into teredo just to try this
one.  But ipv6.google.com works... is there a list of ipv6 sites that
I could test more against somewhere?  What would be really useful is a
search engine that only crawled ivp6 sites...

Regards
Floris

--
Debian GNU/Linux -- The Power of Freedom