Re: Tunnel between two IPv6 islands in an IPv4 ocean?

----- "Rick Thomas" <rbthomas55@pobox.com> wrote:
[SNIP]
> In particular, Martin gave a very detailed example of what to put in /
>
> etc/network/interfaces.  I'm still working on understanding the
> details of how that works (Any pointers to good documentation on /etc/
>
> network/interfaces and the programs that use it would be greatly
> appreciated!)  If you could give a similar example for three (or
> more) islands/tunnel-endpoints, it might make things a bit clearer to
>
> me.

Another good source for information on IPv6 and tunnels is the SixXS FAQ (https://noc.sixxs.net/faq/), especially because it contains a bunch of examples for different operating systems and distributions on how to configure things.

In regards to my example, all it does is establish a 6in4 tunnel between two IPv4 end-points. The last route statement then is a default route to the other side (IPv6). Obviously, if you have IPv6 connectivity elsewhere, you might want to modify to suit your setup.

Kind regards,
Martin List-Petersen
Airwire