Re: How to disable ipv6 in Lenny to avoid 1.0.0.0 in name resolution for AAAA type queries?

Hello Amogh,

As far as I know, there is not an easy way to disable ipv6 completely.
On a Dutch forum
(http://forum.pc-active.nl/viewtopic.php?p=171245&highlight=ipv6#171245)
According to some posters, glibc causes this undesirable effect.
Apparently there is no flag to be set to disable IPv6 lookups and when
you try to remove everything related to IPv6 in glibc, the API will
break; so that isn't an option either.
The guy here: http://www.webservertalk.com/archive291-2005-9-1103159.html
has solved it through adding the two lines to /etc/modprobe.conf, but
you did it in /etc/modprobe.d. I wouldn't see the difference, though.

Unless someone in the glibc community tries to solve this (i.e. adding
such a disableIPv6 flag in the source) I don't think you can totally
stop these IPv6 requests

Greetings