Re: dual-stack gateway/firewall

George P Boutwell wrote:
[..]
>   I want to be able to access ipv6 services, http, ftp, ssh and whatever
> from machines behind my firewall/gateway machine (which would be
> dual-homed).  Machines behind this are older machines and run ipv4 only
> OSes so making them IPv6 is out of the question (as far as I know).

Which exact IPv6 resource would you want to reach from the IPv4-only
machine?

Also, which Operating Systems are these computers running that they
can't do IPv6? Most OS's do, especially the ones which are not age old
and not vulnerable to all kinds of things.

Also see the following FAQ's for details on how to set it up:
http://www.sixxs.net/faq/connectivity/?faq=ossetup
http://www.sixxs.net/faq/connectivity/?faq=usingsubnet

> ISP is not IPv6 capable.

Get a tunnel, see http://www.sixxs.net/tools/aiccu/brokers/ for a long
list (note that SixXS is one themselves too of course ;)

>  I know that IPv6 won't be ideal or supper speedy
> but seriously I want to have access it IPv6 now, rather than later.

For what? Checking out the latest IPv6 experiment maybe? *pun*

Greets,
 Jeroen