Re: Vlans in IPv6

Pepo <pmancheno@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have my test LAN using IPv6 but now I wanna configure vlans; in IPv4 I was
> using openvpn and this is my command line:

That is no VLAN, that is a tunnel (VPN)

> openvpn --remote 192.168.13.2 --dev tun0 --ifconfig 30.30.30.1 30.30.30.2
>> /tmp/tunnel-0.log 2>&1 &
> How do I configure a vlan/tunnel in IPv6 (without IPv4)?

openvpn has no support for integrated configuration of IPv6 addresses on an
interface, but does support the transmission of IPv6 packets. So you have
to configure the addresses manually on each side after the tunnel has
been established (with ifconfig, for example using an up-Script). Also
read openvpn(8) about the --tun-ipv6 parameter.

Regards,
Bernhard