Re: why?

Le jeudi 06 juillet 2006 à 13:35 +0000, Luis a écrit :
> > On 7/6/06, Luis <itachi@cnt.uo.edu.cu> wrote:
> >> why all the manuals i find on the internet guide me to use a tunnel on
> >> internet ?
> >> is there any good doc to guide me to set up an ipv6 local net without
> >> internet access?
> >
> > If you turn on ipv6, you have a local network address that works.  It
> > will start with fe80:: and end with something that looks close to your
> > mac address. You can communicate with any other ipv6 host on the
> > network with those addresses, but they are not routable.  Sounds like
> > thats what you want, though.

I first answer to slushpupie instead of list, sorry.

If you need routing between subnets (not all hosts on the same link),
you should use ULA, see : http://www.rfc-archive.org/getrfc.php?rfc=4193

> exactly
> this is my server1 & gateway to other lan network

[snip]
> > sopunds like is all rigth
> but now why the servers are not getting the ipv6 address that i typed on
> radvd configuration ?

radvd sends RA's (router advertisements) on the link, but the local host
don't receive them (because it send them ;)). So you must configure
yourself the address of the radvd box.

--
Bastien.

"Si quelque chose peut mal tourner, alors cela tournera forcement mal"
                                                      E. A. Murphy Jr.