Re: Ipv6 firewall in Sarge - iptable

On Mon, Oct 24, 2005 at 05:32:15PM +0800, kmlhk79-ipv6@yahoo.com.hk wrote:

> I had running iptable on the tunnel gateway PC  for
> Ipv4. It give protection for Ipv4 network not Ipv6.
>
> So, I need to set up a Ipv6 firewall in the Tunnel
> Gatway PC.
>
> Here is my questions :
>
> 1. Does the Debian Sarge Iptable also work for Ipv6 ?

You need to use the separate ip6tables package.

> 2. If it does, what command line I need to add in to
> the script file for my case ?

You'll probably need different rules depending on how your iptables is
set up, since ip6tables (at least without patching) does not yet support
stateful filtering. You'll also obviously want to use the IP6 addresses
in your script rather than the IPv4 ones.

> 3. Can I add Ipv6 firewall rules into the same Iptable
> script file which is working for Ipv4 currently ?

If you've just used a hand-built shell script there's no reason this
wouldn't work.

Cheers,