Re: problem in radvd!

Le Mercredi 30 Mars 2005 12:05, Jeroen Massar a écrit :
> *DON'T* use fec0:: site locals have been deprecated.

How can I use IPv6 on a LAN if I have no static IPv6 addresses
allocation and my Internet access is down/disabled/inexistant, then ?

Many (most?) applications won't accept link-local addresses because
there is often no way to specify the scope (ie. interface). And even
then, what if I have multiple interconnected subnets with an IPv6
router in the middle ? Or if I need static IPv6 addresses in my local
DNS zones ?

I'm afraid site-local addresses are the only way to go, be they
deprecated or not.

--
Rémi Denis-Courmont
http://www.simphalempin.com/home/