IPv6 DNS server and tspc client setting

Dear Josh :

Thanks for the info, but under what situtation I need
to do that?

In both cases, (leave it blank or not) I have to
configure my DNS server(bind9) to have PTR record for
reverse DNS .

Why I need to specify it in my tspc.conf ? There are
no gain to do that.

Any idea ?

K. M. Lau

--- Josh Finlay <montarotech@optusnet.com.au> 說:

> In regards to your post on
> debian-ipv6@lists.debian.org in regards to "IPv6 DNS
> server and tspc client setting":
>
> Incase you hadn't resolved your DNS issues with IPv6
> Just allow me to clarify:
>
> dns_server in your tspc.conf is only to specify a
> dns server that will be used for reverse dns on your
> IP block, this is not the server that your computer
> will use to resolve hosts to their IPv6 address.
>
> So if you plan to have your IPv6 addresses resolve
> back to hostnames, then specify the dns server that
> you have configured to do so (via PTR records in
> bind9). Otherwise leave it blank. This will have no
> effect on your ability to resolve hostnames that
> have AAAA (IPv6) records assigned to it.
>
> hope this helps.
>
> Regards,
> Josh Finlay

 褩??洘 - Yahoo! Messenger
 憩呾斕?衄奻鋒ㄛ斕腔攬衭゛褫眕隱狟?洘緻斕ㄛ?斕奻鋒?憩夔蕾撈艘善ㄛ¦睡挲?飲?軗囮﹝
  http://messenger.yahoo.com.hk