Is there agreement on ddns (or any such) with autoconfigured hosts?

I've read many threads on the DNS including an extended one from 1999.
As far as I can tell, there doesn't seem to have been a consensus
about how to handle dynamic updates to DNS from autoconfigured hosts.
It isn't important to me that I have reverse lookups, nor do I even
care if I have to use stateful configuration.  I'm just not seeing all
of the pieces.

  o Is there a DHCPv6 server running on Debian?
  o Is there a dynamic DNS update mechanism is place for
    stateless-autoconfigured hosts?

Cheers.