problem with radvd

Hi list

I'm trying to getting up a router IPv6 in Debian, most precisely in
Libranet 2.8. I compiled the kernel, set the tunnel (I have an upstream
to 6bone) and the routing with Zebra. Successfully I can do ping6s and
traceroute6s to other 6bone hosts and see ipv6 only pages.

My problem is with radvd, it doesn't start. I put the entire path:
# /usr/local/sbin/radvd
then do a check with:  # ps -aux |grep radvd and nothing.
However when I do # /usr/local/sbin/radvd --version
it gives me:
Version: 0.7.2
Compiled in settings:
  default config file           "/usr/local/etc/radvd.conf"
  default pidfile               "/var/run/radvd.pid"
  default logfile               "/var/log/radvd.log"
  default syslog facililty      24
So the package is there.

I also did:
# /usr/local/sbin/radvd -C /usr/local/etc/radvd.conf
putting the radvd.conf in that directory and nothing

Because of the trouble, I removed the radvd version that comes with
Libranet and installed the latest one from the source. And the same
thing.

I already have an IPv6 island working ok with the router with RedHat
with no problem, I'm using the same radvd.conf, so I don't know if maybe
I'm not doing something typical of Debian, I'm a newbie on that, or
maybe is another more important thing, I was messing around with other
packages and I was suspecting that maybe I ruined my box.

Just in case the radvd.conf is:
interface eth0
{
        AdvSendAdvert on;