Re: proftpd, bind9 and ipv6

Bjoern Boschman <bjoern-spam@jbhosting.de> writes:

> but I'm missing v6 support in bind9 9.2.3-2 (resolving works but the
> ns is not listening on the v6 devices)

>From /usr/share/doc/bind9/README.gz:

"On some systems, IPv6 and IPv4 sockets interact in unexpected ways.
For details, see doc/misc/ipv6. To reduce the impact of these
problems, the server no longer listens for requests on IPv6 addresses
by default. If you need to accept DNS queries over IPv6, you must
specify "listen-on-v6 { any; };" in the named.conf options statement."

--
Kalle Valo