Re: ip6tables and connection tracking

Hi again,

On Wed, 19 May 2004, Fabio Massimo Di Nitto wrote:

> There is already a known issue! Check it here:
> http://www.linux-ipv6.org/ml/usagi-users/msg02952.html

I just exchanged a few mails with the Usagi guys. They explain to me that
it is not a issue but an error in the way i was configuring the firewall.

Here is a more complete example that will make everything working:

#! /bin/sh

CMD=/sbin/ip6tables

$CMD -F INPUT

$CMD -P INPUT DROP
$CMD -A INPUT -j ACCEPT -p tcp --destination-port 22
$CMD -A INPUT -j ACCEPT -d f000::/4
$CMD -A INPUT -j ACCEPT -m state --state ESTABLISHED,RELATED

As you can see the important entry is the 4 one:

-A INPUT -j ACCEPT -d f000::/4

since multicast is not tracked and needs to be allowed explicitly.

Enjoy
Fabio

--
<user> fajita: step one
<fajita> Whatever the problem, step one is always to look in the error log.