Re: 6to4 on debian instaliation?

Sorry for the mostly empty email that took off before this one :-)

On Tue, 27 May 2003, Daniele Venzano wrote:

> I'm packaging, with the help of Fabio Massimo Di Nitto, a script that
> sets up a 6to4 tunnel. That is a step in the right direction, but I
> think that the software, as of today, is still not enough stable to
> release sarge with IPv6 as default.

Quite a lot of people are using IPv6 on production servers me included,
since long time... probably you mean that there is not enough IPv6 enabled
software around.. that we might agree.

> IPv6 support in 2.4.x releases is incomplete and with big differences
> between different versions.

Possibly true but it still works for 99.9% of the users out there.

> Much work is going also in IPv6 support in 2.5 kernels, but it seems
> that sarge will be released before a 2.6 kernel will ever come out.

2.6-pre should be out relatevely soon but i doubt it will be the default
kernel for sarge. (you check the thread about 2.5.70 on linux kernel
mailing list)

Fabio

--
Our mission: make IPv6 the default IP protocol
"We are on a mission from God" - Elwood Blues

http://www.itojun.org/paper/itojun-nanog-200210-ipv6isp/mgp00004.html