Re: Mass ipv6 lookups

On Fri, 27 Sep 2002, Wichert Akkerman wrote:

> Previously Ramon Kagan wrote:
> > Just so you know, I have found that anything TCP wrapped (ssh, ftp...),
> > smtp, http, all now complete ipv6 lookups.  This in some ways is I dare
> > say a Microsoft tactic.  Shove it down my throat until I concede.
>
> I would say it is a bug, and if you file a bugreport on it it should be
> fixed.

Well, for those preferring to run over IPv6 it does make sense to
do the AAAA lookup first. If there is no AAAA record, then an A
record lookup occurs.

I don't see this as a bug, and yes, it is shoving it down your throat
until you concede. Any protocol change ends up doing the same thing
or it *never*happens*.

--
Daniel Taylor
dtaylor@vocalabs.com