Re: strange installation issue

On Thu, Sep 05, 2002 at 12:07:18AM -0700, Vineet Kumar wrote:
> * Flavio Curti (lists.fcu@no-way.org) [020903 08:44]:
> > > Third question, why aren't you using stateless autoconf? ;-)
> > hehe... oh well, i would like to provide services to the world, so the
> > ips must be static for the dns services.
>
> Well, assuming your prefix and MAC addresses are static, you should be
> fine, no?
true. but don't want to reconfig my dns-entries everytime i change the nic
or the server (granted that does not happen too often, but it's still a
source for errors)
i do not know if i will even get a /64 needed to do this (as you see from
the problem description i currently have a /96, which is too small for autoconf)

greetz

Flavio

--
http://no-way.org/~fcu/