Re: 6to4 problem

Laitinen Ismo <laitinei@cs.tut.fi> writes:

> On Mon, 12 Aug 2002, Bernd Eckenfels wrote:

> > BTW: instead of using 6to4 auto mapping you can slso use a direct tunnel to
> > a 6bone site. You could try www.freenet6.net
>
> Yes, I looked into that possibility some time ago but I got an impression
> that freenet6 tunnel endpoints are in Canada. Of course there are some
> tunnel brokers here in Europe. But having a 6to4 relay just a
> kilometer away makes it more intresting. 6to4 is also more flexible
> for testing purposes. But I think that static tunnel might be
> easier to set up.

I missed the beginning of the thread, but I would like to add that TUT
now has a 6to4 relay listening on the anycast IPv4 address. I runs on
a Cisco box and will be operational from now on. In case the box goes
down, the packets to 192.88.99.1 will be routed to the next network,
FUNET, which also has an anycast relay.

People accessing ftp.fi.debian.org over 6to4 IPv6
(trumpetti.ip6.atm.tut.fi) will also be using the relay.

Ismo, if you have comments about TUT's relay, please drop me a note.

--
Heikki Vatiainen                  * hessu@cs.tut.fi
Tampere University of Technology  * Tampere, Finland