Re: Bind: listen-on-v6 {any;}; and linux...

On Tue, 13 Aug 2002, Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:

> I have strange things with Bind 9 (the pristine Debian package from
> woody) and IPv6.
>
> If I use listen-on-v6 (which unfortunately does not allow to listen
> only to *some* IPv6 addresses), I have to change some ACLs. Otherwise:
>
> Aug 12 12:02:42 eve named[8905]: client ::ffff:192.134.0.49#2577: zone transfer 'eureg.org/IN' denied

BIND 9 Administrator Reference Manual
6.2.14.1. Boolean Options

match-mapped-addresses

If yes, then an IPv4-mapped IPv6 address will match any address match list
entries that match the corresponding IPv4 address. Enabling this option is
sometimes useful on IPv6-enabled Linux systems, to work around a kernel
quirk that causes IPv4 TCP connections such as zone transfers to be
accepted on an IPv6 socket using mapped addresses, causing address match
lists designed for IPv4 to fail to match. The use of this option for any
other purpose is discouraged.