RE: Hey, Galeon is ipv6 enabled

Craig Small [mailto:csmall@eye-net.com.au] wrote:

> On Sun, Jul 14, 2002 at 07:02:26AM +0200, Fabio Massimo Di
> Nitto wrote:
> > Craig Small wrote:
> > >Anyone know how to tell apache2 not to bind to port 80 of  a ipv4
port
> > >while binding to a ipv6 port? [myipv6address]:80 didn't do it.
> >
> > According to what I read you should be able to use Listen *:80
> > If you have to specify addresses then avoid :80 for ipv6 and
> > use the form <ip6address> <port>.
> > A blanck instead of a ":" is better. What I read in
> apache1.3.26 patch
> > is that the last ":" might be misunderstood by the config parser.
> Listen *:80 would appear to me to say bind to both ipv6 and ipv4 port
> 80.
>
> Currently, I'd like apache to listen on ipv4 port 80 and apache2 to
> listen on ipv6 port 80.  The reason is due to php4 and friends.

I tested this out a bit with the current debian team's apache2 binaries
and snopes.
And so I tested it with the tarballs from apache.org themselves and
snopes no cigar.
Apparently the information before the colon isn't used, I'll take a
looky in the source
to find the problem later...

As for Apache2 + PHP4, one _can_ get it compile and work. But database
support
is borked and so is mod_mm:

apt-get source php4
vi php4/debian/rules
:g/apxs/s/apxs/apxs2/g
:g/apache-dev/s/apache-dev/apache2-dev/g

And when I tried, remove 'recode' from the modules list,
"--with-mm" and "--with-recode=..." from the apache2 build list and
add a  --with-openssl=/usr if you want ssl to work.

It will compile, it will run, but last time I checked database support
will be borked.
So the currently working option is:
8<------
jeroen@purgatory:~$ cat /etc/apache2/mods-available/php-cgi.load
# Enable PHP4 Through CGI

ScriptAliasMatch ^/php4-cgi-bin/php4(.*) /usr/lib/cgi-bin/php4$1

Action application/x-httpd-php /php4-cgi-bin/php4
AddType application/x-httpd-php .php
------>8
Or for the mod thing if you want to try it out:
8<-----
jeroen@purgatory:~$ cat /etc/apache2/mods-available/php-mod.load
LoadModule php4_module /usr/lib/apache2/modules/libphp4.so

<Files *.php>
SetOutputFilter PHP
SetInputFilter PHP
</Files>
------->8

Actually the only thing running ipv4 only on my debian box is mysql ;)

Greets,
 Jeroen

PS: Your http://www.ipv6.eye-net.com.au:81/debian/packages.html works ;)
Tested with IE6 <gnagna>