RE: IPv6 tunnel problems

Giuliano Cardozo Medalha [mailto:giuliano@usp.br] wrote:

> Dear Sr.
> My name is Giuliano and I am a Debian user from Brazil (sorry
> about my english)
> I am configuring an IPv6 tunnel to connect to 6bone via RNP2.
> The basic setup to test configuration is:
> I have 4 machines
> The first one is called IPv6_A and has the following configuration:
> eth0 - 192.168.0.1 / 24
> eth1 - fe80:1000::1/32 - gateway for the first IPv6 LAN
> sixbone - logical tunnel interface pointing to IPv4 addr 192.168.0.2.
> To configure interfaces I used the /etc/network/interfaces script.
> To configure tunnel I used the following commands:
> ip tunnel add sixbone mode sit remote 192.168.0.2
> ip link set sixbone up
> ifconfig sixbone tunnel ::192.168.0.2
> route -A inet6 add 2000::0/3 sixbone
> The second one is linked to the first one to a cross cable via eth0
> eth0 - 192.168.0.2 / 24
> eth1 - fe80:1000::1/32 - gateway for the second IPv6 LAN
> sixbone - logical tunnel interface poinitng toIPv4 addr 192.168.0.1

You can't use fe80's on those links, well.... you can but it will break
something eventually.

Check:
http://www.ipng.nl/index.php3?page=setup.html&forcepage=linuxdebian.html
How you can do this in a nice way on debian (great work by the way for
the person(s) who did this ;)

You can find uplinks to the 6bone from:
http://hs247.com
http://dmoz.org/Computers/Internet/Protocols/IP/IPng/

You should pick a close one wherever possible, ofcourse thats your
choice ;)

Another nice way to do it is: 'apt-get install freenet6' which is
another thing I quite like.

Greets,
 Jeroen