Re: Strange radvd message

Craig Small wrote:

My router IP address is 203.31.228.22 and fe80::280:29ff:fe69:dd51

fe80:: addresses are local link ones that can be used only to talk to directly connected hosts. Their main use (for a PC) is just to talk to the nearest router and discover the prefix of the local net to wich the PC is connected.

AFAIK routers can not use them to discover their prefix, I suppouse simply because they belongs to more than one local net (if not, they wouldn't be routers, would they?), so you have to give them a "real" IPv6 address, which in your case I suspect (from the error message you posted) would be 3ffe:8001:6:10:280:29ff:fe69:dd51 , but since I don't know radvd nor your net topology, it's better if you check this out...

Furjo