Re: Spam

On Wed, Jan 16, 2002 at 10:50:19PM +0100, Julian Mehnle wrote:

> At least *I* have started sending spam reports via spamcop.net. The policy
> states:

I don't bother with spamcop.net, but rather I contact the offending
party's ISP directly if at all possible.

> | If you prefer to pay in arrears, simply post your advertisement
> | to the list, and the list operator will bill you USD 1999.
>
> I am not the list operator and cannot send out bills on his behalf... sorry.

Well, I'm sure the list operator would be happy to let you speak on his
behalf regarding this issue.  This has come up many times in the past,
and usually the listmaster ends up saying that they're too busy to track
down the spammers.  If you're willing to put some time in, maybe
something will come of it...

noah

--
Noah Meyerhans
Computer Resource Services, MIT Laboratory for Computer Science