Re: rsync ipv6 patch merge?

In article <[🔎] 20011204164541.B8088@samba.org> (at Tue, 4 Dec 2001 16:45:43 +1100), Martin Pool <mbp@samba.org> says:

> Would it be sufficient for us to just read into a byte array large
> enough to hold all reasonable IPv6 encodings, and then cast it as
> appropriate?  I have not had a chance to follow this idea through yet.

Put sockaddr_storage{} delaration in appropriate header
in rsync distribution and enclose it with #ifdef ... #endif.
Then use it on sockaddr_storage{}-missed platforms.

Or, if we can give up ipv6 support on a such platform, just do
 #define sockaddr_storage sockaddr
 #define ss_family sa_family /* if needed */
or so if it has no sockaddr_storage{}.

--yoshfuji