Re: Summary: Debian mirrors in 6Bone

Heikki Vatiainen wrote:

> This is a summary of my query about 6Bone connected sites that mirror
> Debian. Since there are two sites that are currently working and
> others are (re)joining 6Bone in the future, I think it is the time to
> try to spark some discussion on debian-devel about how to mark these
> sites on mirror list as IPv6 reachable.
>
> My suggestion is this: The sites that currently have an A record in
> DNS within debian.org domain will get an additional AAAA (and A6?)
> record. All the IPv6 sites, .debian.org or not, will be marked as IPv6
> reachable in the mirror list listing the services they support over
> IPv6. The first IPv6 entries would be ftp.crc.ca and ftp.fi.debian.org
> with more sites added when they become available.
>
> Does the above sound as a reasonable thing to suggest on debian-devel?
>
> Currently working:
>   o ftp.crc.ca
>   o ftp.fi.debian.org (trumpetti.ip6.atm.tut.fi in 6Bone)
>
> Not IPv6 reachable yet but getting there:
>   o debian.lcs.mit.edu
>   o ftp6.surfnet.nl
>   o ftp.it.debian.org
>
> Maybe:
>   o Mirror at fhtw-berlin.de
>
> --
> Heikki Vatiainen                  * hessu@cs.tut.fi
> Tampere University of Technology  * Tampere, Finland
>
> --
I'm a bit of a newbie, but I've managed to compile and run kernel 2.4.9
with ipv6. I'm still exploring and experimenting and very willing to
help in any way I can. Any info regarding ipv6 issues mailed back to me
would be greatly appreciated...g.b...any suggestions for helper-type
stuff to-do too :)