EUI-64 and ifupdown problems

Hi,

I have several Debian boxes in a dual stack LAN, some of them are servers,
some others are workstations. Everything is fine if these boxes only
have 1 IPv6 address assigned, but things here are not that simple.
On servers, I'm using both an EUI-64 and a few static "service" addresses
in a different /64 network.

It used to work with eth0 for IPv4 addr, eth0:1 for static addr corresponding
to the EUI64 (without using router advertisements) and eth0:2+ for the static
service addrs. With a fresh 2.4.7 linux kernel (2.4.5+ only have ONE IPv6 opt)
on a daily updated Unstable Debian box and it is no longer working :(

My questions :
- is it possible to use an EUI-64 addr using current ifupdown package ?
  (instead of faking with a static address)
- I'm no longer able to ifdown/ifup a working alias ("SIOCSIFFLAGS: Cannot
  assign requested address" for both).
- it is possible to specify the pseudo default route 2000::/3 eth0 in
  the ifupdown conf (without using rc.boot scripts) ?

Thank you,
Fabien.

--
Fabien Tassin -+- fta@sofaraway.org