Re: Problems with site-local

On Fri, 11 Aug 2000, Jurandy Martins Soares Junior wrote:

> 	No results from ping6 fe80:1::1. I'll try your suggestion later.

 as before Jason Gunthorpe <jgg@ualberta.ca> sayed fe80::/10 is not for
local intranet use (like 192.168.0.0/16 in ipv4). This is local-user ipv6
based on fe80::ipv4_dd :

 fe80::195.22.177.68 = fe80::c316:b144

for IPv6 intranet use fec0::/10

when u are going to use IPv6 I you should use IPv6 autoconfiguration for
better IPv6 infrastructure.

> 	Just more three question:
> 		 Is sit0 necessary when I dont't have a tunnel?
>  		 Why may I keep automatic ipv6 address configuration ?
> 		 What is automatic ipv6 address based on ?

                                                Kasparavicius Andrius
http://www.andrius.org  ICQ:17701001  tel.: +370 87 25630 nick: Casper
AND-RIPE AND-6BONE