Re: IPv6'd netkit telnet

On Fri, 11 Aug 2000, Takuo KITAME wrote:

> JG> I couldn't find any V6 patches for the 0.16 netkit telnet which we use,
> JG> and I really missed having a telnet that could speak V6 so I patched it
> JG> up.
>
> JG> http:/lully.debian.org/~jgg/netkit-telnet-0.16-ipv6.patch
>
>   Humm, I've already made it. And debian package is available at
>    http://www.debian.org/~kitame/ipv6/

You should really check out my patch then, it has almost no #ifdefs, and
appears to work somewhat better than what is in your sources :>

I think if ipv6 is going to ever go upstream a great focus needs to be
placed on creating simple, short, robust patches that are no #ifdef ipv6'd
out. I looked at several KAME patches and if I were an upstream getting a
patch like that I'd be quite hostile!!

Thanks,
Jason