Debian on the 6Bone

Hi All,

Verio has very kindly given us a /48 for use in testing IPv6. It is my
intention to have the majority of the Debian machines on the 6bone by the
end of this year.

The endpoint for our tunnel with them is master.debian.org, I just
finished installing the tunnel itself, in a little while master will be
upgraded to potato so it can make proper use of IPv6.

All you can do is ping it's two IPs:
  3FFE:A00:2:2::35  # Our tunnel endpoint with verio
  3ffe:a00:e:2::240:33ff:fea6:8292 # Master's eth0 within block '2'

Soon I will be cooperating with Adam at Brainfood to put ipv6 native on
their ethernet at the coloc where (someday) murphy will get a downlink.
>From there it will be routed by Brainfood over their T1 (tunneled sadly,
no patch for their CISCO) and then brought out again for their external
office lan (block '3') which will service faure and kubric at least.

ASAP I'll run a tunnel into lully to get it back onto the 6bone, and in
cooperation with Ben Collins we'll drop another /64 into the xia3 which
will route it onto the ethernet there for xia02 and xia01.

Even later (when I gets me a proftpd that speask ipv6) we'll run a tunnel
to saens. Gigabell is also doing ipv6 work so hopefully we can drop a
tunnel right from them.

I expect va.d.o will also participate in out little '6bone', at some later
date - hopefully that will make our web site visible

Note: I am *not* expecting a large amount of traffic to/from the 6bone at
large from machines out of brainfood's site, I hope most traffic will stay
internal to our /48 (ie master<->lully)so it can be routed without
much waste..

Pandora will continue off surfnet, but I may establish a shortcut tunnel
between it and our /48.

There is a possibility that we can distribute portions of the address
space to developers, particularly those with static IPs. Email me
privately to express interest..

Given this sudden bolstering of our IPv6 capable machines I hope more
people will test ipv6 patches and user packages!

Jason