Re: connecting to 6bone problem

On Tue, 1 Aug 2000, Marco d'Itri wrote:

(Jumping in late - busy with mail server changes.)

> On Aug 01, Jason Gunthorpe <jgg@ualberta.ca> wrote:
>
>  >> 2000::/3 is the only space reachable from the 6bone.
>  >> You should not reach any other prefix over a 6bone link anyway.
>  >No, that's wrong.. 3ffe is the 6bone test range (ie what we call the
>  >6bone) and is fully connected to the real global ipv6 network that has the
>  >2000 prefix (not the 6bone, but the so called 'early production' tla). You
> 3ffe is in 2000::/3.

3ffe <> 2001.  They are different /16's.

>  >crc.ca has a prefix of 2001 (whats up with that William?) and the
>  >ITEF/IANA could decide to add new prefixes at any time.
> In the future, yes. At any time, I don't think so.

crc.ca has an allocation under 2001 'cuz we got an official allocation
from ARIN through CA*Net 3.

In fact I have 2001:410:400::/40.

>  >is certainly not - try to reach pandora.ipv6.debian.org!
> Guess what, it works fine:

[snip]

>  >Check this route out if you don't belive me:
> Works too. (Well, I can reach vbns.net and go over 2001:600:4:4::2, then
> it dies in a routing loop.)

The fact that we're using 2001::n or 3FFE::n doesn't matter.  There's
broken routing out there on the 6bone.  See here for more info:

	http://ryouko.dgim.crc.ca/ipv6-bgp/bgp.html

2001 and 3FFE should be talking to one another just peachy, we just need
sites to upgrade their IOS' and fix their configs.

wfms