Re: Problems forwarding IPv6 to tunnel

Craig Small wrote:

> Philip Blundell said:
> > >Usually between different groups you'd run BGP. You need an AS to run
> > >BGP.
> >
> > No, you don't.  You can run interior BGP within a single AS.  Alternatively
> > you could use RIPng for interior routing.
>
> Wasn't the original question about connecting to different parts of the
> 6 bone? They don't do RIPng afaik (but if they do I'd like to know).
>
> Certainly my upstream IPv6 provider has static or BGP.

The original question was: Why does my gateway box return ICMP unreachable
packets when I try to go somewhere through it, but it can get there itself?

The answer was: Because the default route is not honoured when forwarding ipv6
packets under linux.

Then we got into the 'well how the heck do you _get_ explicit routes when your
provider only provides static routing'..etc..

That's roughly the story so far, with a few side-plots and car chases.