Re: Faure is back..

On Fri, 29 Sep 2000, Jason Gunthorpe wrote:

> Apparently this is going to get broken soon I was told.. New kernels
> changed something for 64 bit platforms, I don't know the details too much?
>
> I do know that UltraSparc is one of our problem platforms for IPv6, the
> 32<->64 bit conversions mess up the v6 addresses - the fix for that is
> supposed to be what causes the above - anyone know any more specifics?

Hmmm...AFAIR, there shouldn't be any conversions happening.  It's all
heavily typed to prevent it (nothing should be using a 64-bit type if a
32-bit type is needed).  If it's a kernel change, though, I'll
look for it and see what's going on with that.

Is it the IPv6->IPv4 tunnel stuff that you're referring to or the pure
IPv6 code?