Downstream tunneling

On Wed, 20 Sep 2000, Jason Gunthorpe wrote:

> As some of you may know Debian has been getting 6bone feed to it's boxes,
> I've set down and got everything worked out so that every developer may
> now have 6bone access.

I'm responding to your message, but these questions aren't necessarily
directed at you.

I have set up an upstream tunnel to the 6bone via sprint.  How do I set up
downstream tunnels?  I've looked over some of the documentation (read the
stuff on debian.org, for example, as well as the Linux IPv6 HOWTO) and
couldn't find or didn't recognize that information.

> wakko{root}~#ip addr add 2002:186c:d162::1 dev sit0

When I do this sort of ip command on my tunnel, I get the message

  Cannot send dump request: Connection refused

anyone have any idea why?  I can set up the tunnel using the instructions
for ifconfig given at debian.org, but ip and, consequently (apparently
because ifup uses the ip command) ifup/ifdown don't work at all.
--
Jonathan Guthrie (jguthrie@brokersys.com)
Brokersys  +281-580-3358   http://www.brokersys.com/